My good friends, and fellow VMUGgers, in Denmark is once again arranging the largest VMUG event in the Nordics in January 2018.
The Nordic VMUG Conference promises to be just as awesome as previous versions, just have a look at this speaker list:
- Opening Keynote: Kit Colbert
- Breakout sessions: Ole Agesen, Duncan Epping, Myles Gray, Frank Denneman, Niels Hagoort, Grant Orchard and Joerg Lew
- Closing Keynote: Ken Westin
- Michael Armstrong – A sneak peak behind the scenes of running the VMworld Hands On Labs
- Steffen Christensen – From The Field: Most Common vRA/vRO Use Cases from The Real World.
- Thomas Poppelgaard – Horizon in Azure all you need to know
- Johan van Amersfoort – VMware Workspace ONE: How to secure a workplace without consessions?
- Jacob Styrup Bang – A bottom up presentation of Aarhus University’s new SDDC.
- Michael Monberg – Tips & Tricks in vRops
- Mads Fog Albrechtslund – Create scalable and reusable code in vRealize Orchestrator
- Stefan Pahrmann – NSX micro segmenting in the real World
- Simon Eady – Roundtable: vROps Clinic / Workshop
Come and discuss all things vROps. Design, Alerts, policies etc.
In addition to the incredible list of speakers, the Danish VMUG has reserved the whole of the Fields movie theater, for this all-day event which promises to be full-on awesome in every way.
The 2016 Nordic VMUG UserCon in Copenhagen, Denmark, is just 11 days away, and if you haven’t registered already now is the time to do so.
As usual the speaker lineup for the event is awesome, with a lot of the usual suspects like Duncan Epping (VMware), Cormac Hogan (VMware), Lee Dilworth (VMware), and Frank Denneman (VMware), but VMware is also showing it’s commitment to VMUG by sending some non-europeans as well, like Grant Orchard and Mike Foley. This, coupled with “local” speakers like Michael Ryom, Nicolai Sandager and Marteinn Sigurdsson this promises to be every bit as awesome as the event was last year.
I was lucky enough to attend last year, and I even had a speaker slot. To be honest, I had submitted (and gotten approval for) a session this year as well, but ultimately I’ll be unable to attend due to circumstances out of my control. Sadly there isn’t anything I can do about that, as I would have loved to be there again. I’m really bummed out that I won’t be able to see Simon Eady’s Building Self Healing Environments with vRealize Operations Manager session!
Have a look at the agenda, and register today. Join 400 of your peers at the event to attend in the nordics this year!
Again, big kudos to the danish VMUG team who puts this together every year. You’re doing an awesome organising this!
VMUG Denmark is arranging the Nordic VMUG UserCon in Copenhagen December 1st 2015, and the agenda went live earlier today. I’m definitely going to be there, and as it turns out I even have my own session lined up:
VCS to VCVA Converter or how a fling can be good for you!
Migrating from Windows vCenter to the VCVA? No worries, the VMware VCS to VCVA Converter fling has you covered! Learn how to migrate your existing configuration to the vCenter Virtual Appliance. We’ll cover both best practices and caveats from real world experiences with the tool!
I hope to see all of you there, and perhaps some of you will even pop into my session. I’m certain that “Getting back to my roots – a look at vSphere Core Storage Enhancements! – Cormac Hogan, VMware” and “vRealize Orchestrator – The missing “Getting Started” session – Joerg Loew, VMware” will draw the biggest crowds in my time slot though (Which is arguably a good thing).
VMUG Denmark has really put together a great looking agenda, with additional speakers like Paul Strong, Duncan Epping, Paudie O’Riordan and William Lam to mention a few. I’m also really looking forward to the closing keynote “The Cloud and Beyond” by Andreas Mogensen of the ESA.
So, if you have the chance, book a trip to Copenhagen and lets meet up for a beer at the closing reception at the Nordic VMUG UserCon, see you there!