VMware has unveiled a new lab, namely Project Nee (Next-Generation Education Environment)
and this is something I´m really excited about.
Project Nee is described as this:
VMware Project NEE is a new VMware Labs project providing a richly featured, powerful online learning and lab environment delivered from the cloud to any device, anywhere, anytime.
There aren´t many details available at the moment, except that this seems to be exactly what I have looked for from VMware;
Online access to a virtual lab environment, where you can access training resources in a flexible manner. Self paced online training, without the need to spend days on end in a classroom.
In fact, the site specifically mentions “VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage” training as being specifically beta tested at the moment.
There is no information on pricing and availability just yet, but with VMworld Europe only a week away I would not be surprised if something is to be announced in Barcelona.
With the VMware Hands-On Labs going public some time soon, and now Project Nee, VMware is certainly heading in the right direction as far as lab access and training is concerned.
Dogfooding; you gotta love it!
Latest posts by Christian Mohn (see all)
- Quick and Dirty HTTP Based Deployment - May 14, 2013
- Quick and Dirty ESXi 5.1U1 Upgrade - April 26, 2013
- Adding a secondary NIC to the vCenter 5.1 Appliance (VCSA) - April 25, 2013
- Installing Dell Equallogic Multipathing Extension Module (MEM) in vSphere 5.1 - April 22, 2013
- It`s Not Your Average Data it`s vOpenData - April 13, 2013