Welcome to the eight edition of In The Bag!
In The Bag #8 – Week 6 2017
- Understanding Recovery from Multiple Failures in a vSAN Stretched Cluster
One of the more important things to understand is how to deal with failures in IT-infrastructure, and this is a great write-up from Cormac.
- What logs do I get when I enable syslog in VCSA 6.5?
As with a lot of things vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) 6.5, things have changed in v6.5. William highlights what’s happened with remote syslogging in the latest release. Which logs gets forwarded, and where. Important stuff.
- Homelab: Downsizing vCenter Server Appliance 6.5
The VCSA 6.5 is pretty greedy when it comes to memory resources. This is a handy guide if you need to downsize it a bit for your home lab.
- Veeam Backup & Replication 9.x Application Events
Great PDF that lists all application events that can show up in Windows logs for Veeam B&R.
- The VMware vExpert 2017 and Veeam Vanguard 2017 lists are out. Congrats to all!
- I Work from Home
I am sure a lot of us can relate to this excellent piece by Colin Nissan for The New Yorker. No more eating and no more meerkat videos, O.K.?
- Ball in play for a total of 16 minutes and 4 seconds during Super Bowl LI
16 minutes and 4 seconds game play, 130 30 second commercials. Makes sense…
That’s it for the week — Enjoy your weekend!