The ESXi Embedded Host Client Fling got an upgrade today, and in addition to new features it now works properly on ESXi 5.5. In addition to this, it’s also available as an offline bundle so you can distribute it with Update Manager.
Since I’ve spent most of my day in esxcli, here is a quick post on how to perform the upgrade from a local http repository hosting the .vib file.
Install .vib file #
Download the esxui-3015331.vib file and place it somewhere accessible via http.
SSH to your ESXi host, and run the following command (remember to enable maintenance mode if needed).
esxcli software vib install -v http://[yourip:port/path]/esxui-3015331.vib
Wait for the installation to finish
Installation Result Message: Operation finished successfully. Reboot Required: false VIBs Installed: VMware_bootbank_esx-ui_0.0.2-0.1.3015331 VIBs Removed: VMware_bootbank_esx-ui_0.0.2-0.1.2976804 VIBs Skipped:
Access the updated Embedded Host Client via http://hostip/ui/
- vCenter / SSO unable to retrieve AD-information | Error while extracting local SSO users —
- ESXi5.5 to 6.0 Upgrade From Local HTTP Daemon —
- vSAN 8 ESA VMware Compatibility Guidance —
- VMware vSAN 8 ESA in my Homelab —
- VMware vSAN 8 Announced — New Architecture Model! —