Just like Lior Kamrat I’ve set up my own private Slack for messaging and alerting from various services running both in my lab and some external facing services. It’s only been running a few days, but so far it works brilliantly and helps me keep track.
So far, I’ve set up Slack alerting and/or integrations for the following items:
- StatusCake monitoring for vNinja.net and other public facing web services
- Todoist integration
- Pocket: New items added to Pocket gets announced via Zapier.
- Incoming Slack webhooks
- Windows application that sends status messages
- phpipam: If a new device is detected in my local network, send a notification
- Jumphost: Just like Luca I have a public facing Linux JumpHost that I tunnel traffic through. I’ve set up an alerting mechanism that sends a Slack notification if someone logs into the JumpHost.
- If my public IP changes, it gets updated and Slack gets notified.
- WordPress events, like new posts or comments are also announced via the WP-Slack plugin.
I’m sure I’ll add other things to this as time passes. I plan on publishing something on how I’ve hacked some of this together, I just need to clean up the code a bit and make it ready for publication first.