I was recently contacted by a customer that needed help with some vCLS VMs that somehow had gotten moved to a datastore and now resided on servers that they weren’t registered on. I tried to remove them with this very good post written by Duncan Epping, but I realized it would never work considering that the services don’t expect the vCLS to have moved and consider them as missing.
This is how I solved the problem:
- I put the host with the vCLS machines in maintenance mode.
- Went to the UI of the host.
- Selected the VMs and unregistered them.
- Unregistered the host from vCenter and registered the host again.
- vSphere Distributed Switch Configuration on Some Hosts Differed From That of the vCenter Server — Published
- Expired VMware vCenter certificates — Published
- Hot Add NVMe Device Caused PSOD on ESXi — Published
- ESXi5.5 to 6.0 Upgrade From Local HTTP Daemon — Published
- Automatically Name Datastores in vSphere? — Published