VMware has published a new whitepaper called VMware vCenter Server Performance and Best Practices.
This is a must read if you manage a vCenter 4.1 installation, or are currently planning your upgrade.
The whitepaper highlights the performance improvements in the latest version, sizing guidelines, best practices and some really good real world information from several case studies. One simple, but probably often overlooked tip, is that the amount of vCenter Clients connected to your vCenter Server has an impact on it’s performance. How many admins consider that when they start up their clients?
The whitepaper also comes complete with performance graphs comparing the latest release with the 4.0 release, based on real data from several case studies.
If you only read one whitepaper (this week), let it be this one. You will not regret it, I promise.
- Migrating your vCenter from 32bit to 64bit —
- Installing and Configuring WANem Virtual Appliance —
- Developer meets PowerCLI - awesomeness ensues —
- vCenter 4.1 Database Recovery Model Defaults —
- VMware vSphere Hypervisor Licensing and Cost —