vSphere 6.7u1 Announced at VMworld 2018 US
Another VMworld, another vSphere announcement. vSphere 6.7u1 comes with a bunch of new features and capabilities, some of which are listed below:
Feature Complete HTML5 Client
Finally the HTML5 client is feature complete! It’s been a long wait, but in v6.7u1 it’s here! With improved search, support for Auto Deploy, Host Profiles and vCenter High Availability (VCHA) this is your new home as a vSphere admin.
vCenter Appliance Improvements
- vCenter High Availability (VCHA)
- vSphere Client (HTML5) improved workflow
- Auto detects when VCSA is being managed
- REST APIs
- Auto clone creation option for passive and witness nodes
- Monitoring & Alerting
- Built-in Firewall
- The vCenter Appliance now comes with a built-in firewall that is manages through VAMI.
- Converge Tool
- This new tool enables moving of external PSC’s (even load balanced ones) into an internal PSC, which is the preferred option going forward.
- Improved Content Library
- Deploy from, Clone to, and Sync OVF and OVA templates
- Guest customization
- Support for native OVA and VMTX
- Deploy from or Clone to
- ISO mounting support
- Store other files such as scripts
- The vSphere Cluster Quickstart is a new cluster, host and network configuration workflow. It enables easy addition of new or existing hosts, in bulk, with built-in pre-checks and recommendations. This complements the vSAN Easy Install wizard, for end-to-end greenfield deployments.
Happy VMworld everyone, and happy 20 Year Anniversary VMware