The keynotes at VMworld Europe are always interesting, mostly because one always wonders what was left to announce from the US equivalent that is earlier in the year. This year there was a good gap between the US version in August, and the European one in November, unlike last year when it was only a couple of weeks, so my hope was that there would be some real new news and announcements in Barcelona.
I won’t run through the announcements, othes have done a way better job of that already (this list will be updated as more things are posted)
- VMware Cloud Foundation 3.5 by Gregg Robertson
- VMware Skyline Updates from VMworld Europe
- VMware Cloud on AWS expands across Europe and the U.S.
Other things to note
VMware has opened up two new beta programs:
- Project Dimension — Delivering Edge and Data Center Intrastructure-as-a-service
- Pulse — Delivering Edge and IoT Device Management and Montoring-as-a-service
Also, fun to see my employers logo in the keynote by Pat Gelsinger!
After a great day at the Fira, we ended up at the Cohesity party which had an awesome Queen tribute band playing a full concert. Unbelievable.
Step count: 15k